Sunday, May 20, 2007

I really don't like going to the vet...


Hey, look what I found out in my screened-in porch!
It might be a scary PTU but the door is open.
So I thought I would just check it out...
Not a good idea!
As you can see, we were both trapped!
I called to my squillion Jessie, "Please get me out of here!"
She did her best but could not get me out of that darn PTU.
After we were put into my Food Lady's white VW,
named after Skeezix,
we ended up on a bench at the V-E-T!
We both complained the whole way there
but my Food Lady kept telling us that this was necessary
and it's only once a year.
~~~~~
When we were in Room #1,
my Food Lady discovered that I was actually drooling.
I have never drooled before but I was terrified there.
~~~~~
My doctor came in the room
and tried to get me to come out of my hated PTU
which somehow became my beloved PTU.
~~~~~
As much as I did not want to get in the PTU,
I was certainly not going to get out of it
until I was home again.
The doctor and her assistant tried dumping me out of the PTU
but I very cleverly wedged my left hind foot at the top
so I was not coming out.
OK, they eventually figured out how to get me out.
However, I just went limp and didn't even bite or scratch anybody
and therefore they did heap praises upon me
regarding what a good cat I was.
Honestly, I just wanted to go home!
Here I am back home again, on my favorite rug,
by my favorite sliding glass door,
to my favorite screened-in porch.
What a relief!!!!!
.
Don't forget to visit Carnival of the Cats at the Cat Blogosphere.

15 comments:

Around Your Wrist said...

i am so glad you are home again and out of the hated/beloved ptu. enjoy the sunshine!

love
--suz

Just Sharlene and the Spice Cats said...

Hahaha....Ginger and Pepper went to the vet on Saturday for their yearly vaccin. Just like you, they simply refused to get out of the PTU until they are back home.

Karen Jo said...

I love the way your hated PTU became your beloved PTU once you arrived at the vet's. I hope the trip wasn't too traumatic. My little kitty Gretchen had a different approach. Once the PTU was opened by the vet, she shot out of it and tried to escape back to the waiting room and out the door. Luckily, we always managed to catch her before she got all the way out.

Donny and Marie and Casey said...

I'm with you willow! I hate being dragged out of the box when we are at the vet's.

However, why not try hissing at the vet next time instead of just going limp? I was able to surprise the vet so that he stopped holding me. If I was older and smarter, I would have made my escape then!

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Willow, nice job wedging yourself into the PTU at the vet's. My carrier has an opening in the top so they can easily get me out. I'm glad you survived your trip to the vet!

Hot(M)BC said...

Going to the v-e-t is no fun. Glad you made it there and back ok.
Purrrrrs,
your bud Pepi

Pee Ess. It was nice of your squillion to try to help, even if it didn't work.

Daisy said...

Willow, you are just like me! I hate the carrier until I am at the V-E-T. Then I refuse to leave it!

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Ha, Sadie need to haf da PTU taken apart to get her out. We all affekt gravity once we are in the dredded PTU and make ourselves weigh a lot more den we akshooally do.

Kimo and Sabi said...

This is a flagrant use of entrapment! (We do not know what flagrant means, but it makes things sound furry serious.) Call CPS (cat protective services) immediately to report yer beans!

Zoey and the furballs said...

You were so brave! What a trooper!

Christine and FAZ said...

Oh my goodness you should have said at the beginning this was a Horror Story. I was so scared reading it I had to hide under the covers. I am glad you're both home safe and sound. FAZ

Around Your Wrist said...

i'm glad you were able to go to the v-e-t, and to come back home again!

you've been tagged for the 8 favorite things meme. stop by to see ours and then write your own!

love
--suz

Petey said...

Hi Willow, We just found your blog and we also recently had our yearly traumatization at the V.E.T. and it has been posted at our blog and I guarantee that it is a horror story. Read it if you dare. \Petey.

Samantha & Mom said...

Aren't you glad it's just once a year. Ugh. I dislike very much the PTU's. Aren't we funny though, you can't get us in them at home and can't get us out of them at the Vets.
Have a wonderful Wednesday.
Samantha and Tigger

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

We understand how the dreaded PTU can become the beloved PTU :)
We're glad you are back home!!

Labels