Friday, February 2, 2007

Hooray for Phil and Springtime!


Greetings from Punxsutawney!

Phil Says Spring is Right Around the Corner!

Phil's official forecast as read 2/2/07 at 7:28 a.m. at Gobbler's Knob:

El Nino has caused high winds, heavy snow, ice and freezing temperatures in the west.
Here in the East with much mild winter weather we have been blessed.

Global warming has caused a great debate.
This mild winter makes it seem just great.

On this Groundhog Day we think of one thing.
Will we have winter or will we have spring?

On Gobbler's Knob I see no shadow today.
I predict that early spring is on the way.

~~~~~

I was so happy to hear that Phil said Spring is on the way.
These are pictures from last Spring taken of me and China Cat. We weren't really looking for Phil -

There are always lots of birds and squirrels outside this window! And we all know what fun they are to watch from the inside! Being an indoor cat, I've never seen real ones up close.



And I know that neither one of us has ever seen a Groundhog.We can't wait for Spring and Warm Weather - Thanks Phil!

6 comments:

LZ said...

I saw it too!!!! I'm so excited. Do you think Winter will end like NOW, like today??

Kaze

sammawow said...

Well, I'm not so sure about today but it is up to 18 degrees here from 11 degrees yesterday! So it's trying to be Spring, I think!

Willow

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

It's gettin colder in Whiskerconsin! It was 8 degrees this morning and it's suppose to be a whole ZERO tomorrow. Where's spring?

Anonymous said...

From here at the other end of Pennsylvania, winter is just beginning. Snow now, with low temperatures in the single digits for the next week. Let's hope Phil gets it right.

I was glad to see those photos that show your entire calico markings. May I say they look lovely...

Kimo and Sabi said...

Spring? Spring? We're not sure we even got a winter - wacky weather!

Lux said...

Love your pictures - love that yard! I'm waiting for warm weather too!

Labels